Call 01268 699305
Please click on this link to find the ‘Intent’ for this subject. The ‘Intent’ is our school aim for what we would like the children to be able to do, know and understand.
Here you can find the Progression Document for this subject. This shows what we expect the children to know, do and understand in this subject for each Year group.
At Winter Gardens Academy we follow the National Curriculum:
Purpose of study
A high-quality physical education curriculum inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities. It should provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
The national curriculum for physical education aims to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- are physically active for sustained periods of time
- engage in competitive sports and activities
- lead healthy, active lives
Below is our intent for PE and at Winter Gardens Academy we believe every child should have the opportunity to:
- be resilient team players and have a positive outlook to sports and games.
- our children will understand and embed values such as fairness, respect and determination
- apply their understanding of a healthy lifestyle to become physically and mentally confident.
- Our children will have positive attitudes in order to persevere with physical activities for a sustained period of time.
- will know their personal strengths and limitations in order to make decisions independently in order to lead healthy and active lives.
- will experience and be committed to a variety of extra-curricular PE clubs and take part in competitive competitions and festivals.
- Our children will have wider experiences that they would not normally have. To take a lead e.g. plays pals, sport councils and coaching
- To aspire to sporting role models
- To develop an understanding of how to improve in different physical activities and sports and know how to evaluate and recognise their own successes no matter how big or small. To understand and know when to change a strategy in order to improve and be able to review how it worked.
- Our children will be excited about learning new skills and passionate about keeping their bodies healthy both physically and mentally.
- adapt and take responsibility of their behaviour in order to compare their own performances with previous ones and demonstrate improvement to achieve their personal best .
- Our children will demonstrate good teamwork and sportsmanship
The children are very lucky to have the opportunity to attend many competitive sporting events and festivals each year.